I could answer this question two ways:
1. If the person asking the question has had any experience with GIS then I would say "Im doing an irrigation assessment for Cache County."
2. If the person asking the question has not had any experience with GIS then I would say "Its kinda like google earth but its not a "read-only" type of software. You can update, edit and create your own data."
ESRI, the producer of the main GIS Software, states that: A geographic information system (GIS) integrates hardware, software, and data for capturing, managing, analyzing, and displaying all forms of geographically referenced information.
Blah Blah Blah. This post is probably boring everyone to death, but there it is. Its what I do
Since we GIS people believe a "picture is worth a thousand words", here is what my computer looks like at any given time:

Oh yeah. And Im thinkin that I will be going PRIVATE with my blog pretty soon. Probably in a couple weeks, so if I dont already have your email address then please leave it as a comment!


9 comments:
please let me continue to read your blog :) nicolette_batista@hotmail.com
i still dont know what you do after you just explained it! haha im stupid and thats ok! my email is.... tomidurham@gmail.com
you are so cute Whit! And your job looks pretty dang awesome! AND I still want to read your blog so here is my address! kenzeeanderson@hotmail.com :)
Yep! That about sums it up!! Here's my e-mail cassgay@yahoo.com
hoopers44@Hotmail.com--your job is so cool!!! i wish i could be just like you.
Whit, I'm very proud of you and think you're awesome. Hope your birthday was the best!! Please add me you know my email.
Ok, all I learned from that post is that you are really smart. Sounds cool though! Love you. toddcrowther@gmail.com
WOW!!! Its still way over my head :)
our address is sierrav@homerealty.com
Well I can officially say that I learned something new today. But your job looks fun. And I still wanna read your blog so add me... tabs116@yahoo.com
Post a Comment