What's better than the 24th of July races in Pine Valley?
I love the Gardner family traditions!! One such tradition that I love oh so much is the 24th of July in Pine Valley. Me and Jord would not miss it this year so we left work and school behind in Logan and drove to Pine Valley where we stayed for 3 days.

Pine Valley, every year, has breakfast, races, games and balloon tosses on the lawn at the church for the 24th of July.
It was Aria's first year in Pine Valley for the 24th. She Loved it!

Here we are waiting at the starting line for the races to begin.

Here she is at the end with Carly. Look at that pic. She beat everyone by a long shot!

Aria is feeding me some of her "winnings" from the race: Cracker Jacks.

Besides the festivities at the church, the Gardners traditionally do a cattle drive during the 24th of July weekend and take their 200 or so cattle from Pine Valley to Grass Valley.This is the second year that I have been able to go on the cattle drive and I love it! I always feel like Im in an old western movie or something riding along with the cattle.
Here we are getting ready for the long trip

How cute! Ashley & Garret riding out to the cows. This was Garrets first adventure with the cattle drive. He was a trooper!

me

Taking the cattle across the Pine Valley road to Grass Valley.

Justin & Maggie Gardner.

My cute cowboy husband!

We had such a great adventure! I love Pine Valley!!
5 comments:
That was a lot of fun. Thanks for inviting me. The cattle drive looks like a lot of fun too, you got some good pictures.
And that race was so much fun, aria did such a good job!
ooooohhh I didn't know you were such a cowgirl!I miss you. Can you come down next weekend? Please come! It's saturday night at my house. You will be my guest of honor. Please?
oh sorry, i forgot to mention its a fiesta. mi casa. see you there.
ahhh!!! for reals? I have to come. it wont be a fiest without me.
GARDNER FAMILY TRADITIONS ROCK!!!
Post a Comment