2.18.2011

Sippy Cup, Sick baby and Sleep

Our little Levi has been drinking from a sippy cup successfully for a week now. He doesn't drink a ton from it because I think it comes out a little fast for him, but hes got the hang of it. What a big boy!

For the past week he has also gotten his first diaper rash and now he has a congested nose. I never knew how bad a diaper rash could be for a baby. I felt so bad for him :(. We have been taking it easy with him at bed time and getting him out every time he cries to change his bum or make sure he isn't in pain. This has set back our sleep progress, but I think these are pretty normal set-backs. He still has a congested nose but we are trying to get back into our sleep routine. He use to wake up once around 4-5am to eat then will sleep another 1-2 hours. For the past week he has been waking up multiple times at night. Last night we decided he would be ok to get back on his sleep schedule. He went to sleep at 7:30pm then woke up at 9:15pm. We let him cry and it only took 10 min for him to fall asleep again. He then woke up at 2 am....bleh. He cried for 20 min, I changed his diaper and gave him some medicine for his slight fever, then put him back in bed. He cried for another 20ish min then fell back asleep and slept until 6:12 am. This is the time he has been waking up for the day but I decided to feed him and see if he would sleep some more. It is now 8am and I am going to go in to wake him up. I would be lovely if he would sleep until 8am every morning! But last night was not fun at all. It was like sleep training all over again. Yuck. Hopefully he'll get back on his schedule! {fingers crossed}

No comments: