9.19.2011

Present for Olive

I recently finished making this pillow for a friend. She is about to have a baby girl and they have decided on the name Olive. Oh how I love that name! But...with our last name that will never work. Olive Gardner. Yum, I love that restaurant.
Anyways. Its suppose to be read {olive} you = i love you.
I am actually pretty proud of this pillow and contemplated keeping it.
The olive is made of felt which I just cut out free hand, and then hand stitched onto the fabric.
To paint the "YOU" on I found a font I liked on the computer, printed it out the size I wanted it to be and then traced it onto wax paper. I then used a blade to cut out the letters from the wax paper so that I had my very own personal stencil. Then I just painted the words on. In total the present cost me nothing {but time of course} because I already had all the supplies! Sweet!

Another project I finished last week was revamping this cardigan. Call me old, but I love lace. This too cost me nothing because I got the lace from Jordan's grandma. All I did on this one is sew the lace in place.

3 comments:

The Smith's said...

Whitney, I just ran across your blog. You look so good and have just the cutest little guy.

R. Jordan & Whitney Layne said...

Thanks Nicole! Your little girl is pretty adorable too!

mylyn wood said...

great job! I, too, love the name Olive but I loved too many O names. Owen and Olive would've been a little excessive haha