5.04.2011

Boxes to Ishinomaki

(photo Here)

Me and Jo were devestated to hear about the earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan this past March. We have wanted to do something to help but I wanted to do something more personal than just sending money. Then I found this website. I stumbled upon it looking for a tutorial on making a mat for Levi's highchair.If you have time check it out.

They started out sending boxes to the children of Ishinomaki. They have been able to send so many boxes (over 600) that the boxes have been going to other sites to help those in need.


Me and Jo finishd our box and sent it out Monday night.

It included:
Candy for the kids
A quilted baby blanket
Paper and Pencils
Hello Kitty bubbles
Hello Kitty socks/ Toy Story Socks
HK bracelets and neclace
Stuffed animal
Basketball
6 mini handsanitizers
Bottle of lotion
Hand and face antibactrial wipes
Pads
Tampons
Ramen

For the past couple months I have been trying to get back into studying Japanese from my old text books (and now from my awesome Ipad2). So, I added some post-it notes in Japanese to some of the items we sent. I also wrote out a card in Japanese to the recipient of the box (with help from my dad). It feels so good helping others. This was just the project I was looking for that made it seem personal.

If anyone else wants to send out a box let me know and I can send you the address (you will ship it right to Japan)!

Or you can go here and email Nicole and she will give you the address.

1 comment:

janece said...

What a great thing to do Whit you are so awesome.